2011 when we first got Mitt-Z

2011 when we first got Mitt-Z

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A New House, V Day, and a Llittle Chonsin'

Well, we signed papers on our new house in Lincoln earlier in the week and we should be getting our keys to the place Tomorrow(Valentines Day) or Tuesday.  Wouldn't that be perfect? Getting to enter the house for the first time as our own on V Day! If not Tuesday will be good too, ha!
Scott has a fancy dinner planned for our Valentines day dinner, and we are both really looking forward to it.  We're going to go with our friends Christina and Philip who have two young boys and could use the time away too.  I got Scott this for V Day, and I already gave it to him (I'm the worst at waiting to give presents).  He loves it and says he'll have it forever. It's not his dream watch, but maybe someday.
Earlier this week we all got very sick with the flu.  It was beyond awful, the kind that makes you wish you were dead.  I call it my quick cleanse because I lost 6 pounds in 1 day! Since then we've all been off our game a little.  Scott and I have just been tired and have headaches, Stella and Axl just want to be held constantly and now they both have runny noses, and Ellie has become the most challenging 3 year old I've ever met.  Seriously everyday I start out in a great mood and by noonish I'm ready to give her away.  I sometimes have to call my mom to take her for me.  It's hard to explain it in writing, but she spends every waking moment using this whiny voice to plead for anything she knows she can't have/do.  It's like her whole mission in life is to try to see if I can hold up to the whining, and I'm trying my hardest, but by 4 oclock everyday I crack and either give in, or give up, or worse, I yell and threaten her.  I'm really hoping this is just a phase, because I just want my sweet little girl back.  I read a parenting book about the age 3 and 1/2 and she seems to be right on par, so I guess I'll just keep on keepin on, soon enough I'll have two in this same age!


Milestones:
Stella uses new words every single day! It's so much fun to hear her use a new word out of the blue.  Last night she learned Boobies! Ha!
Axl is now opening doors. He has been found in the front yard even, so we have to be diligent about locking the front door.  But luckily, the new house has knobs instead of lever door handles.
Ellie is looking forward to all the holidays coming up.  Everyday she goes down the list of upcoming holidays: Valentines Day, Saint Patricks, Easter... She loves them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment